Dinosaur - Troodon Images for kids
Dinosaur - Troodon Activities for kids
Dinosaur - Troodon Facts & Trivia for kids
- The first troodon fossil was found in 1855.
- The troodone was one of the first dinosaur fossils found in North America.
- Troodon is a Greek word meaning "wounding tooth".
- The troodon was probably a fast runner.
- The troodon had a retractable claw on its second toe.
- The troodon's brain was large compared to other dinosaurs.
- Because of its tooth and body shape, it is believed that the troodon was an omnivore.
- The fossil remains of the troodon suggest it reached adult size between 3-5 years.
- Troodons are believed to have had good depth perception.
- Fossilized remains of 8 troodon nests are kept in the Museum of the Rockies in Montana.
- Troodon eggs were larger than eggs normally laid by reptiles.
- Troodon was one of the more bird-like dinosaurs.
- Troodon dinosaurs were effective hunters with sharp teeth and claws.
- Troodon grew to about six feet in length.
Dinosaur - Troodon Links for kids