Beaver Images for kids
Beaver Activities for kids
Beaver Facts & Trivia for kids
- There are two existing species of Beaver, the North American Beaver and the Eurasian Beaver.
- Beavers are rodents.
- Beavers are the second largest rodent in the world. (The largest is the capybara.)
- The Giant Beaver is an extinct species of beaver that grew to 8 feet long.
- Beavers are closely related to squirrels.
- Beaver dams are created as a protection against predators.
- Baby beavers are called kits.
- Beavers grow to about 3 feet in length, but the Eurasian beaver is usually heavier than the American beaver.
- Beaver kits are good swimmers by one week old.
- Beaver kits are covered with fur when they are born.
- Beavers can chop down small trees in minutes.
- Beavers eat the bark of trees.
- Beavers use tree branches to build dams.
- Beavers have webbed feet which help them swim.
- Beavers have a wide flat tail. They will use it to slap water as an alarm to other beavers when needed.
- Beavers are slow on land.
- Beavers can stay underwater for about 15 minutes.
Beaver Links for kids